When Do You Need Septic Repair in Marysville?
February 5, 2019
Many things can cause a need for repair of a septic system. There may have been a winter freeze that has caused cracked pipes or other frozen septic system elements, cracked pipes landscaping damage, and more. Septic repair is costly and can cost up to thousands of dollars to repair or even replace parts or whole systems. Protecting your system is important, but if there is a need for septic repair in Marysville, you need to be able to call professionals you trust to get the job done.
Signs that you may need repairing are sewage in your home, drain field smells or is soggy, foul odors near or above a septic system, plumbing backing up. These issues can be avoided by ensuring that the system is regularly maintained properly.
- Have your system pumped annually
- Spread out laundry use and ensure that loads are full
- Ensure that non-biodegradable items are not flushed down the tank
- Avoid using a garbage disposal
- Watch what household chemicals are used
- Have a regular inspection and maintenance
- Ensure there are no trees near the system to help keep roots away from pipes and the tank.
Doing these few simple things can help from overflowing the tank, or having a blockage in the lines and having to have repairs made to the system. When signs there are problems do arise make sure a professional is called as quickly as possible because more costly repairs could be needed if not taken care of promptly.
A homeowner can never be too cautious when it comes to a septic system, the more cautious the safer it is for them and their home. This includes regular maintenance and pumping of your septic system.